The New Zealand Certificate in Electrotechnology (Level 3) has been updated to be more versatile, modern, and fit-for-purpose.
In collaboration with industry, the new qualification has been modernised, considering the new technologies in the market. This course has now integrated recommended pre-learning unit standards giving learners a well-rounded education.
The qualification is still based on, on-the-job and off-the-job assessments. Each assessment has been reviewed and, where possible, made into a smaller, more manageable format.
Those who have chosen to complete the Service strand will also complete the Electrical Workers Registration Board’s Electrical Appliance Serviceperson (endorsed) exam.
Once learners have completed the NZC in Electrotechnology (Level 3) they can choose to continue onto one of four different strands.
- New Zealand Certificate in Electrical Engineering (Electrical and Electronic
- Installation and Service) (Level 4)
- New Zealand Certificate in Electronic Engineering (Level 4)
- New Zealand Certificate in Electronic Security (Level 4)
- New Zealand Certificate in Customer Premises Systems (Level 4) With Strands in:
- Structured Cabling
- Control Automation
- Signal Reception and Distribution Systems
- System Installation for Relocatable and/or Mobile Locations
More information regarding the Electrotechnology Programme and Qualification Changes can be found below: